Thursday, December 2, 2021

She Past Away Show

I recently got to see She Past Away perform and I'm so happy I did! As I probably have mentioned before, I got really into the goth subculture during quarantine, so up until now I didn't have a chance to see any music live (for obvious reasons). Truthfully it was a bit weird being there, in the sense that I don't think the pandemic is over by any means and yet people behaved as if everything was fine. Once there I was like "well, I'm here, might as well enjoy it", but I'm not sure if I'd rush back to a show until we have more info on the new variants. 

Anyway, heavy stuff aside, I had a lot of fun. I went with a good friend and my partner, both of whom aren't familiar with She Past Away, so I got to introduce them! I'm really bad at sharing stuff I'm passionate about. I have a fear of annoying people or boring them. So this was a challenge for me, but I soon relaxed and I think they both had fun! The show was at the Fairmount Theater, which is an OK size, definitely a music venue but nothing massive. A local act called Oiseau de Proie (bird of prey) opened for them. I wasn't familiar with her but my friend said they went to high school with her?? 

I didn't want to wear gothic lolita because it's so sweaty, so I wore a goth outfit using lolita elements. Some goth women told me I looked really good which was super flattering!!!!


Skirt: Meta

Cutsew + socks: Moitie

Bustier: Killstar

Shoes: Yosuke

Choker: Necrosarium

The show itself was so fun! They played mostly from their newer album, Disko Anksiyete, which is really upbeat and great to dance to. They played their more popular songs from their first album, too. I drank beer and danced but didn't go into the crowd. We stayed more to the side and that was a better option for sure. I also got a t-shirt from the merch table.


I debated which design to pick and almost got one with just the band name, but my partner thought this hand one looked cool so I went with this one. It was a good choice. Anyway, that was my time at She Past Away! Depending on how things go with COVID, I'd really like to see Molchat Doma in May and maybe Lebanon Hanover. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment