Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Summer 2021 Haul!



After an absolutely terrible 2020 and a rough start to 2021, things are finally working out for me.

Long story short, I had to leave my job in Japan in 2020 due to COVID. I got a job in Canada a few months later but for various reasons including bad company culture, I had to leave. So for the first chunk of 2021, I was unemployed AGAIN. Finally in April, due to a complete stroke of luck and knowing the right people, I landed a job I truly love. 

I'm not really a career-minded person and I certainly don't live to work, but it's important to me to work somewhere with a positive vibe and good people. I finally have that, plus I write for a living. And of course...I get a sweet, sweet paycheque. All this to say, I've had a lot more freedom to indulge in my hobbies lately, which means I can show off some purchases from the last few months! 


I won't be going in order because I can't 100% remember anyway! The first thing I got is Vampire Prelude in ivory. This isn't so much a "brand new purchase" since I sold my red one to get this one. I love the red but I just don't think it suits me — plus the black and ivory colorways were always my favorite.


I LOVE this print with a burning passion. I think the red roses pop the best on the ivory colorway, so I'm incredibly happy to have this. I found it on Xianyu with the matching socks (not pictured). Luckily my red one sold on LM really quickly so it worked out perfectly!


The next thing I got is actually from SO long ago. I purchased this OP from a lolita in Japan but it took a long time to actually ship out, for various reasons. It's Mary Magdalene's Meria Rose OP in sax. I never, ever thought I'd own this dress, as MM pieces are incredibly hard to come by. Initially I wanted this in pink the most, but I've been meaning to get more sax in my classic wardrobe, so I'm very happy. It looks a bit wrinkly here, but that's cotton for you. 


Hoo boy, OK, there's a bit of a story behind this one. This is the infamous bunny bag by La Luice, though it's often associated with Putumayo since they sold it back in the day. For years this was an iconic item and considered extremely rare. I saw it on Lace Market from a seller for a large amount and got it...but then they told me they wouldn't ship to me and canceled the sale. This turned out to be INCREDIBLY lucky because my friend then told me this bag is still in stock in the company store for way, way less than the LM seller was charging. Long story short, I paid a reasonable amount for this, and that Lace Market seller ended up getting a bit of heat for overcharging another buyer. I definitely should have known better in this situation — guess I'm still learning!


This is Metamorphose's Trumpet Sleeve Babydoll OP from 2007 — not to be mistaken with the iconic 2000 dress (you know the one). The design of this one is quite similar, but it has a dip collar instead of a peter pan collar, and I believe it's slightly longer than the 2000 version.  Anyway, it's absolutely decked out in raschel lace and while I was worried it would look silly on me, I feel so beautiful in it. I will definitely wear this to my comm's old school meet next month.

Can't go wrong with a mini crown! I'd been looking for one for a while, and this one was exactly what I wanted. Not much else to say about this, except that apparently Malice Mizer used to wear this brand (Suppurate System). 


Finally, I picked up this Holy Queen skirt by Moitie in the black colorway. It was a bit cheaper than the average going rate because the print is slightly faded, but honestly it barely shows and I still think it looks great. I also got these Altar OTKs from Wunderwelt, which I'd been eyeing for a while. I think the print is kind of weird looking but when worn I find them quite flattering! 

-

So that's my Summer 2021 haul. To be honest I picked up other stuff as well, but I was too lazy to take photos of everything. It's mostly some old school staples and a few other gothic staples (like a Moitie cross necklace). 

Not travelling and not going out as much has definitely allowed me to indulge a lot more in my lolita wardrobe. I feel extremely luckily to be in a more stable place in my life and while I think hauls are somewhat silly, it's fun to talk about silly stuff once in a while. 

Now to coord everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment