Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Weekend chill + Lolita meetup

Since things are opening up here and my city has introduced a vaccine passport, there have been a lot more opportunities to go out while feeling relatively safe. I spent this past weekend dressing up, eating delicious food, and attending my first meet in literal years. I wanted to record it here so that when it gets dark and cold out, I can remember the fun times that summer brought! 

Jacket: Victorian Maiden
OP: Mary Magdalene
Hat: Sylvia Quaint
Socks: AP
Bag: Innocent World

On the Saturday, I went out with my partner on a date. We stopped by a local thrift shop I really love — there's always a ton of cool stuff and something for every aesthetic you can think of. I thought this room in particular was perfect for classic lolita, so I got a photo of my coord. I ended up buying myself a mini painting of a woman dressed in regency attire. The frame it came in was also gorgeous.



We also went for brunch that day, at one of my favorite brunch places in the city. They always give a LOT of food, but it's all delicious. Plus their plates come with a sweet side of your choice. I picked the strawberry nutella french toast. I wish I could eat it again...


After brunch and walking around, we went home to watch horror shows and movies. We watched What We Do In The Shadows (the show) and so far are loving it. It stays very true to the vibe of the movie, while still being original in its own way. We also watched 2 horror movies that employ a "filmed before a live audience" gimmick. The first was WNUF Halloween Special (2013) — my pick — which is basically a recreation of a 1980s news special in a haunted house. There are even fake commercials. It's very fun. The second movie we watched was Slashers, a Canadian horror about a game show in which contestants need to fight for their lives. It's very, very low budget but honestly it was quite fun and had something to say about consumerism and the commodification of women in media. We also made dinner:

Pork croquettes, mashed potatoes, and beans. Was really good.

The rest of the night was spent playing Resident Evil 3, which I am enjoying but not as much as RE2. Anyway, the next day was a lolita meet with my comm. But first I met up with my amazing friend Stefen for brunch. They wear sweet lolita and looked great in Twinkle Mermaid. The theme of the meet was old school so we both wore the oldest things in our wardrobes. For brunch I had fried chicken and sweet potato waffles. It was so good but I wasn't able to finish it!


For my coord I went with my Meta Babydoll OP (the 2007 one, not THAT one!) with platform shoes, my bunny bag, and a mini crown. I felt really good in my coord and I think I did a good job matching the theme of the meet!

OP, socks, bag: Metamorphose
Bunny bag: La Luice/Putumayo
Shoes: Yosuke
Necklace: Neant Glass


The meet itself was in a park and very relaxed. People sat on blankets and ate snacks, chatted, took photos. No one hassled us as far as I noticed (sometimes big meets can attract a lot of unwanted attention like people taking photos without permission or people NEEDING to know why we're dressed like this). I got to catch up with some people in my comm I haven't seen in person in months or in some cases, years! I intended to stay only an hour but I ended up being there for at least 2 hours. All in all, a successful day!


I feel really lucky that I had such a relaxing weekend. I felt really indulgent with all the good food I ate and I'm grateful I got to spend the weekend with some of my favorite people. As the days start to get colder, it'll be harder to enjoy the outdoors and dates as much, but I hope to continue having nice days like this. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment